Most of my wardrobe consists of black pieces. And it’s often I get asked why do I love wearing black so much? Well, aside from black being one of my favorite colors, I have quite a few other reasons why I find black to be the perfect go-to color.
Today I decided to share a few of these reasons, along with a few outfit ideas including all-black outfits, or black-based outfits, which I would definitely recommend using as inspiration if you find yourself being interested in trying the black aesthetic of fashion.
10 REASONS WHY I LOVE WEARING BLACK
- Goes with everything. Jeans, slacks, swimwear, you name it. Everything works in black.
- Travels well. Since it typically absorbs light, fewer wrinkles show.
- Stays clean longer. It’s a very stain resistant color, but if you do happen to spot it, some water will likely do the trick.
- Holds color well. Inside out, cold water only, line dry, please!
- Can be dressed up or dressed down. I have a dress I’ve worn both on the beach and to formal events, both occasions worked just fine.
- Can give the illusion of looking taller or slimmer, overall, it’s a quite flattering color. You’ll find that it won’t reflect onto your skin as reds usually do.
- Not a presumptuous color. It’s reserved and quiet.
- Timeless. Items that are black tend to transcend seasons more easily than it’s trendy counterparts.
- Neutral color – it puts the attention on you and not your clothing.
- Season-less. Doesn’t matter the season, this color is always IN.
I do NOT own these images. For proper credit or immediate removal, please make sure to email me and I will make adjustments ASAP.
Do you have a certain favorite color when it comes to your everyday fashion? How often do you wear said color?
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you. Read my Disclaimer for more info.