Today I’m back with a recipe, one I use on a daily basis, and that is… The trending South Korean coffee drink that has gone viral on social media during the Coronavirus epidemic.
If you’ve got instant coffee, sugar, and water on hand, you can make this. It’ll go by faster if you have a hand mixer, but a humble regular whisk, one powerful arm, and a good dose of patience and endurance will get you there too — just make sure you’re ready to feel the burn in your triceps and biceps and you’ll be rewarded with a nice tall glass of cold, creamy coffee that’s sweetened just right.
Depending on how much of a caffeine rush you want, this recipe makes enough dalgona fluff for one or two servings. It’s delicious but very strong: drink at your own discretion!
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- Whisk boiling water, instant coffee, and sugar together until coffee is dissolved.
- Continue to whisk until mixture becomes thick and forms a peak, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour milk into a glass.
- Pour the frothy coffee on top of the milk.