Another day, another yummy recipe for you guys. These Stuffed Zucchini Boats filled with Italian sausage and tomatoes are my go-to healthy dinner idea.
Topped with cheese, parsley, and bread crumbs, you can’t go wrong with this stuffed zucchini dish.
- 4 medium zucchini cut in half, lengthwise
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 16 oz. mild Italian sausage
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella shaved
- 1/4 breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Scoop out the interior flesh from the zucchini using a spoon and set aside (do not throw away). Place zucchinis in a 9×13 pan.
- Add olive oil to a medium pan and cook sausage with garlic. Add onion powder, zucchini flesh, tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Spoon this mixture into each zucchini boat. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and cheeses and bake for 20-22 minutes.