Today I’m back with a recipe, one I use on a daily basis, and that is… The trending South Korean coffee drink that has gone viral on social media during the Coronavirus epidemic — Dalgona Coffee.
If you’ve got instant coffee, sugar, and water on hand, you can make this.
It’ll go by faster if you have a hand mixer, but a humble regular whisk, one powerful arm, and a good dose of patience and endurance will get you there too — just make sure you’re ready to feel the burn in your triceps and biceps and you’ll be rewarded with a nice tall glass of cold, creamy coffee that’s sweetened just right.
Depending on how much of a caffeine rush you want, this recipe makes enough dalgona fluff for one or two servings.
It’s delicious but very strong: drink at your own discretion!
NOW, LET’S SEE WHAT WE HAVE TO DO FOR THE ‘PERFECT’ DALGONA COFFEE
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- Whisk boiling water, instant coffee, and sugar together until coffee is dissolved.
- Continue to whisk until mixture becomes thick and forms a peak, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour milk into a glass.
- Pour the frothy coffee on top of the milk.