Traditionally, fall desserts tend to be higher in calories due to buttery crusts and just more starch in general. But there are plenty of alternative ingredients available to make mouth-watering desserts this fall, without all the extra calories. gluten free.
Believe it or not, you can enjoy the same fall treats you’ve always loved, with a fully vegan and gluten-free approach. An amazing example to that will be this recipe I will be sharing with you guys!
Who doesn’t love a Cinnamon Roll, right? Well, make that a healthier version of the usual Cinnamon Roll, and you’re going to feel much better about enjoying this delicious treat.
Firstly, you will need a total of 40 free minutes. If you’ve got that, you’re good to go!
|1 cup coconut milk|
|1 tbsp apple cider vinegar|
|2 tsp vanilla extract|
|2 tbsp coconut sugar|
|6 tbsp coconut oil, melted|
|3/4 cup pumpkin puree|
|2 3/4 cup gluten-free, all-purpose flour|
|3 tsp baking powder|
|1/2 tsp salt|
|1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice|
|2 tbsp vegan butter, softened||1 1/2 cup organic powdered sugar|
|1 tsp cinnamon||2 to 3 tbsp coconut milk|
|1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice||1\4 tsp vanilla extract|
|2 tbsp coconut sugar||dash of pumpkin pie spice|
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Combine wet ingredients in a large bowl (coconut milk through pumpkin puree)
- In a small bowl, combine dry ingredients (GF flour through spices)
- Combine the dry ingredients into the wet and stir
- Cover a surface with parchment paper and sprinkle surface and rolling pin with flour to prevent sticking
- Roll out the dough until evenly flat, adding flour if the dough begins to stick
- Use a rubber spatula to spread the butter onto the flattened dough
- Sprinkle dough evenly with spices and coconut sugar, using the spatula to spread it around
- Carefully roll the dough to form a log shape and use a serrated knife to cut 1 inch wheels
- Set each cinnamon roll wheel into a greased 8×8 baking dish, and bake for 20-25 minutes
- Whisk together the icing ingredients, pour over the cinnamon rolls.